The slow website is sucks. We don't like it, website visitors are too. You have to know, 47% of visitors expect websites to load in two seconds or less. If our website loads three or more seconds, 40% of visitors will abandon from the page.
Do you want to lose the visitor because of?
Website slowdown 1-second will affect:
- 11% fewer page views
- 16% decreases in customer satisfaction
- 7% loss in conversions
Fast website advantages:
- Visitor experience up to 2% in conversions will increase if we improve one second of site speed
- 100 ms of improvement makes growing incremental revenue up to 1%
According to Google, the best of website speed is for three seconds.
Unhappily, Google gets badnews:
- 70% of 900,000 mobile ad landing pages in 126 countries need seven seconds to load visual content.
- On the mobile landing page, the average time to fully load in 22 seconds.
- 53% of the visitors are abandoning, If longer than three seconds to load. And the mobile user bounces increases by 123% if the page load time goes slow to ten seconds.
It's mean, the task of improving website speed will complex. We need more effectiveness. For starters, we begin from how to analyze website speed. To measure website speed, use:
Visit PageSpeed Insight. Type your website address in the field. Click Analyze.
We will view a report like this:
Please scroll down to see how to optimize page loading speed.
There are 2 device analyze, mobile and dekstop. See on the top left page.
Use the Chrome Developer Tool to analyze website speed.
Right-clicking any page in Chrome. Click Inspect. We will view the Developer Tools window. We will use 2 menus only:
- Click the Audits menu on the right
- Make settings to see website performance on various devices (Mobile or Desktop)
- In Audits, choose which aspects we want to measure
- Select the type of connection to measure speed on different internet speed
- Turn on the Clear Storage option
- Click Run audits
- We will see the results of the analysis and how to optimize the website
You will view the comprehensive report like Performance, Accessibility, Best Practices, SEO, and Progressive Web App. Scroll down to see all of them in details.
Network. The Network Panel will display web page network activity like:
- What happens when the website loads
- Refresh the page with the open panel
- How HTTP requests load in real-time
The left-hand column contains all the files the page needs to display:
- Size. Contain the size of each file.
- Time. Contain how long it takes to load each file
- Waterfall. Display a visual waterfall of all network requests
The number what we need is how many HTTP requests our site makes. This number in the bottom left-hand corner:
As you know, the footer of "Network" will tell several critical information we should log:
- Server requests
- Bytes transferred
- Finish time
- Load Time
Speed measuring tools by Google Speed Tests and YSlow criteria. Helpful for a quick audit.
See how many HTTP requests your site load and this report in Waterfall.
Find and how to fix the problem of website speed on YSlow.
Mobile page speed monitoring tools only.
You need to know:
- Mobile user experience impacts all our site's rankings
- Mobile internet traffic is 60% of the total web traffic in February 2019
Type your website address on TestMySite to measurements mobile speed. There are 3 menus:
Overview. Speed description based on 2 types of connections, 4G and 3G.
Optimize. Here are pages analyze and give us recommendations to increase speed. We can also check the speed of each page here.
Benchmark and Evaluate. A tool to find out the site speeds of industry leaders benchmark. Type the competitor's website address in the field to spy them.
Scroll down. We can see the impact of a faster site result. Here is using to discover the website speed effect for business.
A tool for measuring the website speed based on locations in the worldwide.
Pingdom provides several types of reports:
Improve page performance
Content size and Requests by content type
Content size and Requests by domain
Pingdom is very good at creating audit report categories and website speed audit.
Page speed is part of SEO as Google ranking and mobile user experience improvement.
People expect our mobile sites load faster. So, make sure our pages speed up.